University of Vermont (UVM) Campus Recreation is accepting applications for an Assistant Director of Campus Recreation, Sport Programs (12-month position).
The mission of UVM Campus Recreation is to make student participation in recreational activities an essential component of their UVM experience. By providing outstanding leadership and a variety of high quality program offerings, UVM Campus Rec meets the recreational interests of a diverse student body. Our efforts are focused on activities that create positive social interaction, opportunities for education and development, and promotion of healthy lifestyles among students as well as faculty/staff and community. Learn more about UVM Campus Recreation.
Duties & Responsibilities
Program Planning & Management:
· Plan and implement a comprehensive sport program that includes intramural league and tournament sports, an organized open recreation program, special events, and a community-focused summer league program.
· Develop, execute, and communicate program policies, procedures, and protocols. Policy development is framed around promoting maximum participation opportunities, excellence in programming, inclusive and accessible programming, and fostering sound risk management practices.
· Develop, plan, request, and monitor the sport programs budget each fiscal year, including making recommendations on program fees and long range budget projections.
· Collaborate with campus partners regarding special event programming/involvement for undergraduate students, graduate students, faculty and staff.
· Responsible for all functional and administrative supervision of student supervisors, sport officials, scorekeepers/program office assistants, and post-graduate intern (50-60 staff).
· Provide on-going training, evaluation and support for staff through design and implementation of staff training programs, meetings, and officials training clinics on a regular basis.
· Provide opportunities for student employee personal and professional development through the UVM Campus Recreation Student Development Program.
· Develop learning outcomes and implement an assessment plan to evaluate staff annually.
· Develop learning outcomes and implement assessment of sport programs in accordance with strategic assessment plan.
· Review program reports, participant evaluations, statistical data, and other relevant information to make recommendations on scope, size, and nature of future sport programs.
· Make recommendations on the strategic direction and planning to the Senior Associate Director of Campus Recreation, Programs.
· Bachelor’s degree in recreation, physical education, student affairs, sport management or a related field.
· One year of professional experience working in intramural sports (each year served as a graduate assistant counts as a half year of professional experience).
· Candidate must be able to work in an environment that puts a high emphasis on technology and can function and evolve across a variety of platforms.
· A demonstrated commitment to issues of social justice and diversity.
· Proven ability to supervise and motivate employees.
· Strong organization and communication skills.
· Master’s degree in recreation, physical education, sport management, student affairs or a related field.
· Two to four years of experience in intramural sports program administration.
· Experience using IMLeagues.
· Experience using RecTrac
· Current First Aid, CPR, and AED certification
· American Red Cross First Aid, CPR, and AED instructor certified
· Experience with Unified Sports
· Demonstrated success working with a range of culturally and ethnically diverse populations, and evidence of commitment of fostering a collaborative multicultural environment.
Applications must be submitted by May 31st.
Applicants must apply online through UVMjobs.com and search job number 007090. Applications submitted through Bluefish will not be accepted.