To apply, please visit: https://usu.hiretouch.com/job-details?jobID=4216&job=coordinator-of-aquatics-and-safety
The Department of Campus Recreation within the Division of Student Affairs at Utah State University seeks a positive, collaborative, and dynamic individual to join our team as our Coordinator of Aquatics and Safety. Reporting directly to the Assistant Director of Fitness, Wellness, and Aquatics, the Coordinator of Aquatics and Safety is responsible for the development, coordination, implementation, and daily operations of all aspects of the Utah State University Aquatic programs, Aquatic facilities, and special events. This position also oversees all safety and operations of the Aquatic center, HPER Building, Service Desk and support areas. This individual will be a key team member of the Campus Recreation Department, which provides aquatic programs, club sports, fitness/wellness, intramurals, outdoor recreation, special events, extramurals, and collaborative programs.
• Provide leadership and oversee the development and operation to all aquatic programming and staffing including; a comprehensive Learn-to-Swim program, Health and Safety courses, special events, lifeguard and safety operations, and Customer Service operations.
• Develops policies and procedures for all Aquatics programming and safety protocols. This includes establishing goals, objectives, and priorities for staff.
• Compile, prepare, and maintain records for Aquatics such as budgets, participation numbers, injuries, incident reports, certifications, revenue reports, etc.
• Oversee collection and deposits of funds, analyzes revenues, and recommends fees and charges.
• Monitors all contracts and MOU’s pertaining to the Aquatic center
• Develop policies and procedures manuals and a comprehensive staff training program for Lifeguarding, Learn-to-Swim, Customer Service Attendants, and Facility Supervisors.
• Responsible for inventory, purchasing, and maintaining Aquatics equipment.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Risk Management protocols for Campus Recreation and others using Campus Recreation facilities.
• Serve as the University’s liaison for the American Red Cross, including serving as the University’s Authorized Provider.
• Responsible for the maintenance of departmental AED’s, staff CPR courses, and certification management for Campus Recreation.
• Responsible for the recruitment, hiring, training, and evaluation of an Aquatics and Safety Graduate Assistant, Aquatics Manager, Aquatic Leads, HPER Building Supervisors, Customer Service
Attendants, Head Lifeguards, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Health & Safety course Instructors and other support staff.
• Research, develop, monitor, and adhere to the Aquatics and HPER building budgets.
• Oversee Aquatics and HPER payroll, tracking, and approvals.
Research & Assessment
• Evaluate all Aquatics programs and services to determine overall effectiveness and satisfaction to decide on possible changes as deemed appropriate.
• Assist in the development and implementation of Aquatics research and assessment agenda to include development of student and program learning outcomes.
• Assist the Assistant Director in program assessment and annual reporting.
• Prepare written communications such as monthly reports, annual reports, participation statistics, etc.
• Actively participate on a variety of Aggie Recreation Center, Campus Recreation and University committees as assigned.
• Work evening and weekends when necessary regarding Aquatics reservations and special events.
• Understand and represent the mission and vision of Utah State University Campus Recreation Department and USU Student Affairs.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Employment in this position is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Utah State University is an AA/EO Employer and encourages gender and ethnic diversity.
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university preferably with a major in sports management, recreation administration, physical education, kinesiology/exercise science, business administration, or a related field.
Equivalent of one-year full-time professional level experience or two-years as Graduate Assistant managing and developing aquatics programming and aquatic facilities during which time the applicant has acquired and demonstrated the ability to perform the essential duties of the position.
• American Red Cross Lifeguard
• American Red Cross Lifeguard Instructor
• American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (required within six months of hire)